Working on the baby room- without the actual room

Saturday, January 22, 2011
I am starting to be a little stressed about the baby room. I have been looking at bedding, sheets, rockers, curtains all without knowing what the baby room will actually be. Talk about stressful! I am sure that we will get the big stuff taken care of eventually, however, I still can stress over it. Hopefully I can organize my thoughts here so when it comes to the time to actually move into a house and decorate we will be ready.

The crib has been purchased and is in a light honey oak to make it more timeless. I loved the look of dark baby room furniture, however, I am worried it looks more dated for our taste. White had the same feeling to me- would be great for a baby room if we knew we were having a girl, but I am more into the natural wood looks. Here is the crib we selected again: Pottery Barn's Kendall crib



















We plan to use the dresser that I had when I was a kid - I am REALLY excited about this. We are purchasing new knobs from Antropoligie to give this an antique but updated look. Its slightly darker than the crib, but still an oak finish to keep the lighter wood going in the room. Here are a few option
 












and the last piece of furniture is the changing table. Grandpa Tom (as he is very excited about being) is making the changing table. We know its not a necessity to have one, but we are hoping to use it as some storage for the baby toys as well. We plan to anchor it to the wall so that when the little one actually starts pulling up on stuff, we dont have to worry about things falling on its head. Here is the design for the changing table:














We plan to add baskets to the bottom of the changer and store toys and extra items there.

Decor- we have part of it covered but a long way to go. So far, we purchased the alphabet cards and map that we showed in an earlier post but again here:




















 Recently we purchased a few more cards to add in with the alphabet letters. I am really excited about the colors on these cards and plan on using these colors throughout the room.




We are skipping bedding since you cant use most of the pieces, so we are planning on a few items to keep with the color scheme. The crib bumper is a breathable bumper which is more of a mesh bumper and keeps their little hands and feet from slipping through the rails. We are selecting a neutral color of white or tan to keep it usable for more than one kid and for more than one specific color.  The sheets are another item to add in color and texture. Here are a few of our selections:

As I start to think of paint and trim ideas, I will post more. We have 100 days until baby Lee (hopefully) makes its presence. Hopefully the house hunting will continue soon and we will be ready to move in before the baby is here!













0 comments:

Post a Comment