Baby Gear and a few decisions

Monday, January 10, 2011
Registering for baby stuff is definitely not the same as picking out wine glasses for your wedding. So much more thought has to go into things that are going to be protecting a human life.  I knew that I would be overwhelmed registering for gifts if I went in there blind, so I took some suggestions from friends and what they used as well as read a TON about every category that we needed to purchase. Mark and I registered at BabiesRUS which is somewhat the only option around here for baby registry. I think keeping it simple is the key and having more than one is too much for me right now.

We registered on a Monday night when I was off work. I think we were actually in the store about an hour and a half and we did get most of the work complete. I did find a lot of toys that were added by the excited father, however, if that is what he wants to add, more power to him. Below are some of the items that we decided to add to the registry and we cant wait to use all of the items. We had not planned on doing baby bedding, but did find something that we liked. We plan to use the color scheme but arent 100% positive we want all the baby bedding. Time will tell what we do about bedding, but it does take us down a path of organization.

For the nursery we picked the following items:

The baby bedding- Lambs & Ivy Doodle Doo from BabiesRUs.










The recliner/rocker - I could seriously sleep in this thing. Its a micro suede, but we plan to put some covers on the arms to help protect it from baby slobber.









Some simple gear:

Our bouncy seat- I can recall uncle Kenny loving his bouncy seat when he was a baby. We totally understand that the baby might never want to use this, but knowing I can take it into the bathroom while I am bathing or showering is a nice touch.










The swing- again something some kids love or hate.. we hope love is in the air for a swing. This is the Cradle n Swing Luv U Zoo- cute music not too obnoxious and runs on battery and by ac power.








The jumper- our friends use this and their little one loves it. I hope our little one loves it too.









That is just a rundown of a few items that we have selected. I will review some of the other items in another post. I am excited for our first shower which is in about 6 weeks. We have such generous friends and family members even willing to throw us a shower. We cannot wait to start decorating our little persons room! Wish us luck as we continue to look for a new home!

0 comments:

Post a Comment