hello my name is Kelly and I am a slacker...

Tuesday, April 5, 2011
The first step is admitting it correct?!? This last month has been a huge month for us and I am surprised we have lasted this long. I will break these posts up into three or four posts and will hopefully add pictures once I can find the cord to the camera. Love the fact that I can edit after the fact.

We started out the beginning of March by putting a bid in on a house. We were quick to jump on it and we are VERY happy that it is now ours. So basically in 19 days time, we purchased and moved into a new house. I think that is some sort of record. I am still waiting to hear if it is (yeah right). I think we get extra props for doing it while I am this pregnant. The last update was week 32 the second week of March and its been a whirlwind since then. Baby showers, moves, work craziness and life has been running us around and I am surprised we are still standing. I promise to be brief but I do want to detail the baby showers, the events and even our emotions in the next few posts. I hope that I dont bore anyone, but I guess you can stop reading at any time if you want!

First up last 4 week updates for pregnancy! I wont follow the typical standards here that I have been following but I will give some updates and post a few pics.

Weeks 33-35: Baby is the size of.... well lets just say BIG. At this point the fruits and veggies just scare me and make me wonder how this thing is going to come out and not kill me like a terrible alien movie!
Weight Gain: Right now I am up 12lbs overall and I am happy with that. Considering the baby is measuring between 6 and 6.5 lbs according to the ultrasounds, I am going to count that as a win. I need to keep moving and hopefully it will make it easier to get around after the baby is born.
Labor signs: oh Braxton Hicks- I dont see how many people can live with you the entire pregnancy. I started getting them more frequently when I am stressed or tired, which is a great sign to stop and rest. I dont do that well at this point, so its a good reminder.
What I miss: normal pretty shoes, a beer on a hot spring day, normal clothes and being able to see all of my body parts (yes I said it, makes it hard to not be able to reach your legs to shave them.)
What I am looking forward to: I dont want the pregnancy to end, however, I am getting really excited to see if its a boy or girl.
Belly button is still in, ankles are only swollen when I am on my feet too much and the gestational diabetes is pretty well controlled by insulin shots. I can tell you I am not going to miss the shots of insulin and hopefully I wont have to take them after the baby is born. The blood sugar crashes at night are not ideal that is for sure. I will be ready to stop with the finger pricking and stabbing myself with needles.
Baby looks healthy each week when we have the ultrasound and is very cooperative so hopefully it will stay that way! We were measuring between 58-73 percentile so this is definitely a big baby!

0 comments:

Post a Comment