False labor- oh how you tease

Thursday, April 28, 2011
On Friday the 22nd (Good Friday) we had a very busy day planned with too much going on to think about. Both Mark and I were scheduled to work - so much for holidays - but we didnt mind the light traffic in the morning. We had a photo shoot scheduled for Big Brothers, Big Sisters at lunch, so Mark planned to take the day off after the shoot and hang out with Travon our little. The morning was spent rushing through millions of emails and projects and once noon hit and we headed for the shoot the entire day changed.
We had our shoot, grabbed a burger at 915 Pub and Grill (said to have one of the best burgers in Cincinnati which I would agree was good) and I went back to work. On Thursday, Mark got a flat tire at lunch and luckily the tire store up the street from my office was able to fix it on Friday while we were at work and running around. Mark dropped me off and went to check on the progress of his car. Knowing I could walk to get my car, we figured this would be the best way to handle the afternoon. I am not really sure why I was feeling bad, however, I had a feeling adding jalapenos to my burger was probably the reason I felt like I could throw up all afternoon. Fail on my part, but I would live. The day would go on.
About 4pm I decided I had enough of the day. We were scheduled for a bowling party with my co-workers at 6pm and Mark and I both needed to run some errands. I figured that it would be a great time to get everything done at once and be close to the event so we went on our way. Travon wasn't bowling with us that night - we needed a break alone that night and thank the Lord we made that decision. Our first stop was to pick up lamps and pictures at Home Goods. As soon as I went to pull the car around it started monsooning - NO joke. I was soaked- feet, pants and everything. I looked like a drowned rat, but at that point it wasnt worth running. I was going to make more of a mess that way. Mark was super frustrated at me for not letting him get the car, but I am stubborn and think I can do everything right so he shouldnt have been surprised.
After settling down in the car, I started having cramping in my stomach. I figured it was from the hustle to the car. No big deal. The heartburn was getting worse, but I figured again it was from the jalapenos. We headed to the bowling alley where I sat and watched the fun since bowling wasn't a good idea at 38 almost 39 weeks pregnant. After 2 hours of watching the fun, I realized I needed to go home and lay down. I was in some serious pain. I called my mom to tell her I wasn't feeling well and then it hit me - AM I IN LABOR? - I was hysterical. I didn't have a bag packed, we weren't ready for the baby and it was terrible weather. My mom was able to calm me down and I headed in the house to get stuff done.
A quick toss of a few things in a bag, a baby outfit, a pillow and some blankets later, I was miserable. I felt like I could vomit. I was able to get into the bath tub and relax for about 20 minutes and kindly Mark shaved my legs for me. You know the important stuff has to be done before you go into labor. Heaven forbid having hairy legs when you go into labor. I exited the bath tub and immediately was sick. I knew it was time to start timing the contractions. 12 minutes apart moved to 10 and then finished about 8 minutes apart 3 hours later. Never any more progress than that. SUCH a tease.  We waited up until about 2:30am and realized it was over. Just a quick practice to make sure we were ready. This baby will decide when it wants to come out- and its just not ready yet.
Baby Lee- we are ready for you to come out. We want to see your cute face and name you. You are welcome to join us at any time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment