Update from the test and the feared results Gestational Diabetes

Sunday, February 20, 2011
I came out of the test on Monday pretty hopeful that I would have great results on Wednesday and I would be ready to tackle the rest of this pregnancy. Not such luck would be had by me. I received the phone call from the doctor in the middle of a meeting but was able to grab it and run out of the conference room. The nurse was the bearer of bad news but she was very informative and helped me get into a gestational diabetes class the next day. I didnt take the news well, but I also didnt cry like a giant baby like I thought I would. So many things make me very emotional these days so it helps to not freak out over bad news once in a while. I called Mark, my parents and quickly started reading a million articles online about GD. Wow, I have a lot to learn.
The class was yesterday and was roughly 2.5 hours. I wasn't sure if it was just for gestational patients, and luckily it was. I dont think it would have been very helpful to have other diabetic patients in the class, but you never know sometimes. I was one of 4 students taking the class and I was pretty nervous about learning the ins and outs. I filled out a million pieces of paper and prepared to take good notes. I can tell you after 2.5 hours of class, I still have a lot to figure out.
I know it is all temporary, but since its not just about me, it makes it way more stressful than just watching my sugar levels. I am scared of being induced early, having a c-section or having a child with a higher risk of having diabetes. I am sure you will hear all about it in the next 10 weeks as I prepare for baby lee to arrive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment