Well, that was scary!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010
We had a very interesting day today and one I dont want to repeat. I went to work early to prepare for Equipment Committee and finished the first segment and headed for a small break (its still 9:30am mind you...) oh the scare that I received. After a trip to the bathroom, I was freaked out by some cramping and blood. I knew it was time for me to call the doctor. After dialing the numbers three separate times because of the crazy thoughts that were going through my head. The lovely folks at GHA got me in quickly for an ultrasound and a checkup. Now I had to get out of my day long meeting.
I walk into a giant room of people, clearly frazzled, grabbed my stuff and had to tell my boss. Of course she had no idea I was even pregnant, so she got the news all at once. I was glad to get it off my chest, and was able to have someone help me calm down. She was a saint. She walked outside with me missing the meeting herself, and waited with me until Mark arrived. I was glad to have someone to talk to. Mark arrived a few minutes later and we were on our way to the doctor.
Mark was as scared as I was, but I was so glad to have him there. He even had a slight boo boo with the car and scraped the side of it he was in such a hurry. We arrived at the doc with no glitches and were able to calm down a bit. We were taken back about 20 minutes after we arrived (they were crazy busy which is not usual) and we started the ultrasound. By this point I had to go to the bathroom but knew they would need a urine sample as soon as I went upstairs.
We sat down and they started the ultrasound. We were holding our breath until we saw what we thought was a baby. We could see how small the little baby was and could easily see the hands and feet and the spine. We were anxious to hear a heartbeat when the tech finally gave us the news we wanted. We could hear the heartbeat for around 10 seconds while she measured the beats per minute (168 that was) and we were happy as a clam. She even let Mark video tape for a few minutes even though it wasnt allowed. We will try to upload it once I get it converted.
Next appointment is November 8th, so not too far away! We are actually ready to keep going with our baby planning and we are hoping all is well from this point forward.

0 comments:

Post a Comment