Were having a baby!

Thursday, September 23, 2010
Well its confirmed - we are having a baby! The emotions are all over the place right now. So how we found out- kind of expecting, kind of not expecting. We had been testing, but nothing was coming out positive. I was getting ready to go to a birthday party for Erin and Greg's little boys when Mark just thought that we should test again. We were going to a party at a friends house, so the last thing we wanted to do was test at their house - so public bathroom was our only hope. Almost immediately the test line was present, even before the control line came up. CRAZY. We went to the party and were able to keep it quiet for a while, but of course Erin figured it out.
As excited as we were, we were still nerveous. A lot can happen and we had no idea where we were. A quick call to the doctor on a Monday, got us into the doctor right away. Doc Buckley was quick to confirm, give us loads of information and schedule my next few appointments. As exciting as it was, I was very nervous to actually confirm the pregnancy. Oct 1st is the first heartbeat date - so we are anxiously awaiting those days.

Telling the parents:
Marks mom was first due to schedules. We had lunch with her at Red Lobster in Beavercreek and gave her a picture frame with a due date on it. Even before that, she asked if we had something to tell her. I almost died. I thought she figured it out. Turns out she was having dreams that we were pregnant and she was right. She was so excited she announced it to everyone that was in the room. Hilarious. She cannot wait to be a grandmother, and we are pretty excited for her.

My parents were last. We were having lunch on Labor day and had purchased onesies for my mom, dad and Kat all with sayings like " I love Grandma, My Auntie is Awesome, and I love Grandpa." We had them open them all at once and they were shocked. So shocked in fact, that they didnt really say anything. My dad actually got up from the table and left. It was hard for him to hear, but he was really excited for us.

Grandma and Grandpa Klump were about a week later- I think they were VERY excited. Grandma was actually writing down the date so she didnt schedule anything close to the time of delivery. They are hoping for a boy (as are we) since they only have 5 great granddaughters and they are all living far away. I am excited to see how they are with a little one. I will admit I will cry.

We are very excited to tell everyone and cant wait for the confirmation appointment in just one week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment